Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reactions to College Life Week 3:Bad and Good

    This week has been a mess!! Everyday I wake up I think to myself it's going to be a good day but once I step into class I get the feeling that something is wrong. Usually when I get that feeling I'm right. Over the labor day weekend my math professor assigned a project for us to do with one other partner. He assigned this assignment at the end of class stating that class would be canceled for Friday because he would be attending a funeral. Nobody in the class knew anything about this project's meaning. I couldn't understand why he would just give us assignment and not explain how to do it! I was pretty upset about that because I for one hate math with a passion. I don't think I have ever hated something so much in my life, math is just that one thing I must focus on. So my partner and I strained our brains trying to do this project only to find out that we would get no where. We had met up with  other classmates to help us better understand it but that only got us so far. Come Wednesday when it's time to turn the project in my partner and I had an incomplete project. Now I know that I probably should have emailed him but I thought that out of respect that I would let him deal with the loss of a close friend or family member without any disruptions with school work. With an incomplete project turned in my partner and I talked to the professor about the assignment and he reluctantly sent out a email to let us retry the project. That was very much appreciated! So for the remainder of the week I had been staying on campus later than usual to get extra help on my math assignments and to get work done ahead of time.
   On the bright side of my college experience I was offered to sing with the Shebach Gospel Choir. Although I love to sing I'm afraid of new environments. However once I got to the practice I loved it. Everyone was real down to earth and happy to be there. I knew as soon as we started harmonizing and feeling the music that I was going to be dedicated to being apart of the choir. I guess at sometimes even when you're afraid of something you have to be able to put your guard down and be open to new things...that's how you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment