Saturday, September 17, 2011

Too Much Work

School is so frustrating!! I feel like I have no life. I have been trying to keep myself together all day. Friday as soon as I got home I decided that I was going to just relax and worry about all my work and studying for Saturday. Well although I woke up early enough to start my studying for my Anatomy and Physiology test I quickly found myself being very distracted. Regardless of the fact that I was distracted I keep pushing myself to get through at least one chapter. When I tell myself to push through my work it almost seems rushed. I know for a fact that when I rush through my readings I don’t pay attention! So I have to take a moment and tell myself to really focus on what I have to do. As I’m posting this now I’m still trying to get work done. I just thought since I know tomorrow is going to be even more hectic and draining that I’d get this out of the way. The feeling of being overwhelmed is not good when you have 3 exams to be worried about. My exams are as follows math on Monday, anatomy and physiology on Tuesday, and psychology on Wednesday. I am not excited about this week at all. I can’t wait till it’s all over! My sister, a student UTSA, makes studying and doing homework so easy. Seeing her do so well makes me ask myself is there something wrong me because I just don’t have the motivation to do this half the time. As much as I don’t want to let work pile up it just happens anyway. My positive mind and thinking quickly fades when a lot of work is put on my plate. At home my family sees my frustration. They question me every day and they try to help me get through my college experiences but I honestly just don’t want to hear it. I love the fact that they push me and try to motivate me to do better but I think when your mind is so wrapped up in trying to do so good in everything knowing that there’s a lot of work involved in every subject it’s pointless. I kind of feel like words won’t this situation. Smh (shaking my head) I need to do something to get over this lack of enthusiasm to learn and do work because this is definitely out of character for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment