Sunday, September 4, 2011

Reactions to College Life

 From day one I have been skeptical about "College Life". I don't know what it is that made me just want to relive high school life all over again. I honestly think that I was in shock. I couldn't grasp the fact that I'm actually done with what seems like the easier years of my life, relying on family and friends to help me get through everything is no longer a option for me. College is so much different then high school. I just feel like I'm starting all over again but this time I'm really on my own.  I walked onto the TLU campus completely alone. Then for me to see everybody already in their cliques just made me feel out of place. Since I am deathly shy it's hard for me to just approach people and spark up a conversation and that put me at a big disadvantage.  It would have been easier for me to meet new people if I was staying on campus but for some reason which seems absolutely ridiculous to me now I decided to commute back and forth from San Antonio. That had to be the dumbest decision I've made since school started but my dad played a big part in that decision as well. His feelings are going to be hurt when I tell him I'm looking for a roommate. He just needs to learn to let go I won't be gone forever!! Anyways back to this "College Life" talk, I have never felt so drained in my life!! There is so much to keep up on, I feel like I never get a break. When I do take a break and I want to do something fun I'm always too tired and I go straight to my bed, I just can't win for losing! Don't get me wrong I know how to pace myself and get my work done but this is on a whole other level. Back in high school I could go to basketball practice, choir rehearsal, work, club meetings, hang out with friends, and still have time to do all of my assignment's. However now I'm not involved in anything and although I do have one good friend here I'm still overwhelmed with work, trying to keep up. It seems like it's the end of the world.People always tell me "it will get better with time" and in the back of my head I'm saying "what are you talking about? I don't have time to do much of anything!" Frustration runs high within me but because I live through faith I do believe that "it will get better with time", it's only the beginning and I have so much more ahead of me so I guess I should just get myself together, stop talking, and just do because time does not wait for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment