Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sacrifices

This week has been the most stressful week so far. I had three tests this week and I’m happy with most of the results. I thought that maybe since this week has been so busy with test taking that maybe my professors would calm down with the homework. I fail to realize that everything is nonstop here. After this week of seeing how testing works I am determined to set better study habits. A lot people tell me to set a time limit to when I study but that’s not something that I do. When I have work to do I do it at the best time suitable for me. I can make myself do something that I don’t want to do in a given amount of time. I have to work on my own terms because I know I will get my work done I just don’t need the extra pressure. I’m already making sacrifices, realizing that there is no time for extracurricular activity I decided not to stay in Shabach because I wanted to focus more on my work. Half the time when I get out of class I’m just ready to go home I don’t want to stay at the school till 9 and be too tired to drive home. So with Shabach out of the way I have more time to focus on school work. However I do plan on getting back into the choir when I get used to managing my work and school. I also want to look into joining other clubs in getting into more activities just so that I can feel like I’m a part of something. At times I wish that I stayed in basketball I liked the feeling of being around teammates that turn into good friends and basketball was actually something I was really good at it. I’m sure that my brother and my dad will push me to get back into but I feel like it’s too late for that and like I said I just want to focus on my work. When I find that balance I think I’ll be good. I will be stress free and I won’t have to worry about falling behind and being too tired to do work. I’m just not used to change but I’m still trying to adjust to college life. As I sign off on this blog I will be doing homework and hopefully I will be able to go out and do something of interest because work, work, work, and no play is not how I want to spend my weekend. However this is the life of a college student making sacrifices to get your work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment