Sunday, October 16, 2011

Midterm Break

Today is the last day of mid-semester break and I’m very agitated. Before the break even occurred I had two test to prepare for which was not a problem for me because I’d rather take my test before the break rather than after. That way seems more logical to me just because when most students take any break away from school they’re not focused on school related issues which is why I don’t understand why my math professor assigned a test Monday. I would think he would take the break into consideration and maybe push the test back to Wednesday or Friday. My break didn’t feel like a break at all. There will always be professors that require you to do some type of assignment during what’s supposed to be a student’s time to relax and have fun to do whatever it is that they want.  I had plans to do a lot during the break and I ended up not doing anything. I was supposed to visit my sister at UT in Austin and stay with her but my plans were canceled. After not being able to drive up to Austin I just spent time with my family. When I wasn’t with family I was sleeping or doing homework. I’ve also been studying for my upcoming math exam that I’m not too excited about. I should feel proud of myself for actually taking the time out and forcing myself to do this work that I can’t seem to escape but I’m actually mad at how much stress that’s building up.  It feels like everything goes by so fast and there is no time to be free and do fun things. Now I have to face reality and get back to sitting through boring lectures and doing assignments that to me serves no purpose. I know college is more demanding and time consuming but I expected a lot more than what I’m getting now. I’m so ready for the next break we have coming up even though yet again I know that I’ll be doing assignments. I don’t know why I haven’t transitioned into college like I thought I would, I think I expected too much out of myself.  I’m realizing that for any incoming freshman you must be open-minded to new experiences and take it one step at a time because if you don’t you will be thrown off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment