Sunday, November 13, 2011

Frustrating Week

This week has been very frustrating for me. I’ve been trying to stay on top of everything but I haven’t been motivated to do much of anything.  Since I don’t have class on Tuesdays or Thursdays I try to put in some work when really all I want to do is enjoy my time away from school and doing work. This week I’ve been focusing on my least favorite subject, Math and this 5-6 page essay for FREX and English Composition. It’s hard to even stay focused on a paper that is that long without sounding or being repetitive. Now I’m stuck trying to bring new ideas into the paper which leads to me look into more information that I’m not into doing. I know this is all a part of college life but I’m kind of at my breaking point. To make matters worse while on the verge of talking about being at my breaking point I spent a lot of time studying for my math exam. I came to school on the days I could’ve been at home relaxing and I went to tutoring and worked with a classmate on our review for the test. It did feel good to go to tutoring and actually understand what’s going on. Often time I wonder why the student instructors don’t teach class because they’re way better at understanding our questions and answering them precisely and making sure they teach us in a way that we will understand the work. With all this help and preparation I still didn’t feel like I was prepared for the exam. Once I got the exam in front me I realized that it was nothing like what I reviewed. I wasn’t the only one who had this feeling. A lot of students left unsatisfied and pissed. I just don’t know how to get through to this professor and when I stay after class and ask for him he acts like he doesn’t understand what I’m reiterating to him. When I get that type of feedback from a professor I feel like my money is being wasted. However this is my birthday week and I want it to go as smooth as possible so I’m going to make it good and not stress too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment