Sunday, November 27, 2011

Last Blog: My Thanksgiving Break

So this is the end of Thanksgiving break. All week long I have been trying to dismiss the fact that I have a lot of homework to do to be ready for next week. On top of trying to keep up with the workload I’ve been very sick. However it seems as though school comes first and my health is not of much importance. I have had it in my mind that to make things easier for me I should do my work early on in the week. With that mindset the earliest day of the week that I decided to do my work was Wednesday. That day was dedicated to me starting on my Write to Serve project. I had everything needed to complete the assignment but once I got frustrated with trying to adjust the first couple of boxes I gave up. I was just satisfied that I started on the project. While all of this is going on mind you that I’m very sick so that didn’t add to the motivation of getting a good amount of work done. I then thought that I would pick up on my homework assignments on Friday since I knew I’d be busy on Thursday. Friday came and went and I was still sick and I didn’t feel like doing homework so I didn’t. Saturday came around and I woke up around 1 pm to start on my 3 page draft for the English paper over stress and that didn’t turn out to well. It has been very hard for me to stay focused just because I was stressed about everything else I had to do and me feeling like crap. After pushing myself to do more work my sister called me to go to the mall and since I don’t see her as much as I want to I went with her and spent the rest of the day shopping. As of now I am still in the process of finishing work for my classes tomorrow but I can’t really complain because I brought it upon myself.

 In at least three of my courses we have been discussing stress factors and I feel like this is the greatest time to be talking about coping mechanisms because college is surely causing a lot of stress and hell in my life right now. In order to stay on top of your game sacrifices have to be made. When the end of the semester comes it will be one of the happiest moments of my life because I need a REAL break.

No comments:

Post a Comment