Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time Management

Last week I received my grade for the mid-term exam and I was happy to find out that I made a 98. That lets me know that I’m doing something right and I understand what it is that I’m required to do to get through this course. However now it seems like everything is getting more extreme. All of these papers and projects are beginning to be too much. Last Friday we talked about time management and how we should do work when we have the time but I see a problem with that. After being at school all day and having to focus and concentrate on work nobody wants to put in the extra effort to do more of it. We are obligated to take a break and start doing our work whenever we feel like it. I guess that’s where the issue comes in. I know for a fact that once I “take a break” from my work I take a permanent break from my work. I probably won’t even finish my homework until the day before it’s due. The only legit thing to look to for motivation for better time management is to get better grades. However it works out for those who wait late to do their homework, sometimes the feeling of completion is all we need to feel good about ourselves. During this time management discussion Kaitlen often mentioned actually making a schedule and she also asked who used a planner. Well I was one of the students that raised my hand to notify that I used a planner but my definition of using a planner is writing things down when it’s convenient to me. I’m the type of person where on some days I write down my work and other days I take a note in my head and go through what we discussed in each class. As before stated Kaitlen said that we should make a schedule to help out too, well I have a schedule but I don’t use it as much as I want to. Sometimes I’m on board and it does help me advance in school  but on most of my days I’m not feeling studious so I don’t even bother. Time management is very important and crucial to college students but you have to be willing to put forth the effort and attempt to do something about your academic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment